https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/stuffed-yellow-squash.jpeg 233 462 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-02-02 00:00:002020-05-05 15:21:28
Stuffed Yellow Squash
- 2 Medium Yellow Squash
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 4 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ½ Yellow Onion, Diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- ½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds. Place on a rimmed baking sheet with the cut-side up. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the turkey to the pan and cook until no longer pink, stirring regularly.
- Add the diced tomatoes, along with the paprika, cumin, coriander, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Spoon the turkey mixture into the squash boats and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the squash is tender.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with fresh parsley.