https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/food-temp-image.jpg 796 1200 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-02-02 00:00:002020-02-20 12:00:11
Stuffed Chicken with Strawberries
- 3 Cups Strawberries (Halve or Quarter Large Berries)
- 2 Tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ Cup No Sugar or Low Sugar Strawberry Preserves
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4-6 Ounces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Ounces Parmesan or White Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Large Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- Snipped Fresh Basil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a baking dish combine strawberries, vinegar, and preserves. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp of the salt and 1/8 tsp of the pepper, set aside.
- Cut a horizontal pocket in each chicken breast half by cutting from one side almost to, but not through, the other side.
- Cut Parmesan into six 3x1/2-inch pieces.
- Wrap a basil leaf around each piece of cheese; stuff into chicken breast pockets. Secure pockets closed with wooden toothpicks or skewers. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ tsp salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
- In a very large oven-safe skillet cook garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until golden, turning once.
- Transfer to oven. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add baking dish with the strawberry-preserves mixture to oven.
- Bake chicken and strawberry mixture for 10 t0 13 minutes more until temp reaches 165°F and berries are softened and jam mixture has thickened.
- Serve chicken with strawberries.
- Sprinkle with basil.