https://secureservercdn.net/188.8.131.52/a2c.d14.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/strawberry-protein-bars.jpg?time=1623942845 840 630 integritive https://secureservercdn.net/184.108.40.206/a2c.d14.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2019-01-09 00:00:002020-03-24 14:37:22
Strawberry Protein Bars
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup No Whey – pea protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 cup dark chocolate – I use Lily’s brand that is sweetened with Stevia
- Place the strawberries in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely ground. Add the coconut and whey, and vanilla, and process until the mixture is fine but not totally ground to a flour. There may be small pieces of berry or coconut.
- Add the coconut or almond milk and process until the mixture starts to come together. Line a bar tin with silicone paper and press the mixture evenly into the tin. Cover and refrigerate until it firms up. Alternatively, you can just divide the mixture into 4 or 8 equal portions and form in to bars. Place on a tray, lined with silicone paper, and refrigerate until they firm up enough to coat.
- Place the dark chocolate into a plastic bowl and microwave for about one minute. It might need another 15 seconds or so. Stir the mixture until melted. Keep stirring the mixture as it cools slightly. You can also melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water. Once melted, remove from the heat and stir until it cools slightly.
- Coat each bar in the chocolate and set on to a tray, lined with silicone paper, to set completely. Store in the refrigerator and enjoy!
- For more help with this recipe, click here.