https://secureservercdn.net/188.8.131.52/a2c.d14.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/brown-rice-spinach-butternut-squash-mason-jar-salad.jpg?time=1594129085 1280 960 integritive https://secureservercdn.net/184.108.40.206/a2c.d14.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2019-03-28 00:00:002020-03-24 12:18:04
Brown Rice, Spinach, & Butternut Squash Mason Jar Salad
- 2 1/2 cups cubed butternut squash (1/4-inch cubes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 cups shredded spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Cooked or grilled chicken sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss butternut squash with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Spread into a single layer on a sheet tray. Bake until squash is tender and starting to brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Layer mason jars in the following order. Brown rice, butternut squash, blue cheese, chicken and spinach.
- For more help with this recipe, click here.