https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Shredded-BBQ-chicken-scaled.jpg 1920 2560 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-02-02 00:00:002020-05-05 15:16:53
Shredded BBQ Chicken
- 2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Cup Dry Red Wine or Pomegranate Juice
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1½ Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, Trimmed
- 1½ Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Trimmed
- 1½ Cups Barbecue Sauce
- Mix chili powder, paprika, cayenne, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper together, then rub mixture evenly over chicken; transfer to slow cooker.
- Pour ½ cup barbecue sauce over chicken and toss to coat. Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 4 to 6 hours on low in the crockpot.
- Transfer chicken to large bowl, let cool slightly, then shred into bite size pieces; cover to keep warm.
- Let braising liquid settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using large spoon.
- Heat remaining cup barbecue sauce until hot.
- Toss shredded chicken with hot barbecue sauce and 1 cup braising liquid; add more liquid as needed to keep meat moist.