https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/sauteed-green-beans-with-shallot-crisps.jpg 194 259 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-02-02 00:00:002020-05-05 15:14:08
Sautéed Green Beans with Shallot Crips
- 1/3 Cup EVOO
- 5 Shallots, Thinly Sliced (½ Cup)
- 2 Pounds Trimmed Green Beans
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste
- In 6-inch skillet heat 1/3 cup of EVOO over medium-high heat. Add half the shallots. Fry 3 to 4 minutes, until crisp and dark golden brown. Remove from oil; drain on paper towels and repeat. Set aside.
- In a large pot cook beans, covered, in enough boiling water to cover for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and submerse in ice water to cool quickly; drain well.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and 1 TBSP of oil, swirling to coat skillet. Add beans and shallots. Sauté for 2 -5 minutes depending on level of crispness desired.