https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/sausage-and-cauliflower-casserole.jpg 163 310 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-02-02 00:00:002020-05-05 15:12:43
Sausage & Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 Head Cauliflower, Cut into Florets
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- 8 Ounces Italian Chicken Sausage, Casings Removed
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Diced
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 4 Sprigs of Thyme
- 1 Can (28oz) Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- ½ Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the cauliflower florets to the pot and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse the florets with cold water. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook for 8-10 minutes until browned, using a spoon to break into small pieces. Stir in the onion, garlic, and thyme. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the tomatoes and juices to the pan and cook for 5 minutes more. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the skillet from heat and carefully stir in the cauliflower.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with almond flour. Bake for 20 minutes, and then turn the oven to broil and cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.