https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/salted-caramel-protein-balls.jpg 840 630 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2019-01-08 00:00:002020-03-24 14:28:43
Salted Caramel Protein Balls
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein
- 1/2 cup homemade caramel sauce
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
Caramel sauce ingredients
- Caramel Sauce: Mix the coconut sugar, half-and-half, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker. Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further. Turn off the heat, cool slightly and pour the sauce into a jar. Refrigerate until cold.
- In large bowl, add in all your dry ingredients.
- Then mix in your nut butter, caramel, extracts, and last the honey. Mix well (I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls. You can then roll bites in the extra protein/cinnamon powder after you roll. Makes about 30 balls.
- Feel free to roll into larger bites, or smaller to make more.
- Add more honey/nut butter if they end up being too dry to roll. Just depends on type of protein you use.
- Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness.
- For more help with this recipe, click here.