https://secureservercdn.net/126.96.36.199/a2c.d14.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/grilled-cheese.jpg?time=1632218309 184 275 integritive https://secureservercdn.net/188.8.131.52/a2c.d14.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2019-01-09 00:00:002020-03-24 13:40:16
- 2 slices Alvarado Street © sourdough sandwich bread
- Ghee, for spreading
- ¼ cup grated Pecorino Romano
- ½ cup mixed grated Cheddar, Fontina and Gruyere cheese
- Sliced tomatoes and avocado (optional)
- Heat a nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- Spread one side of each piece of bread with a small amount of ghee. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the Pecorino Romano on each slice so it sticks to the butter. Turn one piece over and sprinkle the mixed cheese on top (this will be the filling). Place the other piece of bread on top, with the Pecorino Romano side facing up.
- Carefully transfer the sandwich to the skillet and cook on both sides until the middle filling is melted and gooey. Watch carefully so the surface doesn’t burn; it should be a nice deep golden brown.
- Slice in half and enjoy!
- For more help with this recipe, click here.