- 1.5 lbs. Italian Sausage
- 1 loaf sprouted sour dough bread, chopped into crouton size squares
- 2 onions chopped
- 8 stalks celery chopped in 1/2” slices – divided
- 4 carrots shredded – divided
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Turkey parts, gizzard, neck etc from a turkey breast
- Water as needed
- To make the stock add turkey parts, chicken broth and half the onion, celery and carrots. Simmer and reduce for 1.5 hours, adding water as needed.
- In a skillet brown sausage. Add half the onion, celery and carrots.
- Stir skillet contents into pan with bread squares. Pour stock through a strainer into pan and stir.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- For more help with this recipe, click here.