https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/red-velvet-cupcakes.jpg 168 300 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-02-02 00:00:002020-05-05 13:50:17
Red Velvet Cupcakes
- ¾ + 1/3 Cup King Arthur Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder or Arrowroot
- Dash of Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2/3 Cup Stevia (1 Tablespoon Liquid Stevia)
- 2/3 Cup Yoghurt
- 6 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Red Food Coloring
- 1½ Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Stevia (1½ Teaspoons Liquid Stevia)
For the Icing:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- Whisk flour blend, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, and baking soda together in bowl.
- In large bowl, whisk stevia, yogurt, oil, eggs, food coloring, and vanilla together until combined. Whisk in flour blend mixture until batter is thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Portion batter evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean 18-20 minutes, rotating muffin tin half-way through baking.
- Let cupcakes cool in muffin tin on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from tin and let cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Spread frosting over top of cupcakes and serve.