https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/raspberry-chocolate-almond-ice-cream.jpeg 305 322 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-02-02 00:00:002020-05-05 13:49:37
Raspberry Chocolate Almond Ice Cream
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Vanilla-Flavored Almond Milk
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1/3 Cup Stevia
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch/Arrowroot Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 tsp sea Salt
- 2 Ounces Fresh Raspberries
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Dark Chocolate, Finely Chopped
- Slivered Almonds, Toasted
- In a medium saucepan whisk together almond milk, egg yolks, stevia, and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until custard coasts the back of a spoon (do not boil). If necessary, strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl to remove any lumps; stir in almond extract and salt. Cover and chill for 8 to 24 hours.
- Pour chilled mixture into a 1½ quart ice cream freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Stir in raspberries, chopped chocolate, and almonds.
- Transfer to a 2-quart freezer container.
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours before serving.