https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/quinoa-veggie-burger.jpeg 256 314 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-02-02 00:00:002020-05-05 15:07:48
Quinoa Veggie Burger
- 1 Cup Water
- ½ Cup Quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- 1 Cup Diced Onion
- 2 Cups Finely Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- ¾ Teaspoon Dried Marjoram
- ¼ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Egg
- 2/3 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Cup Whole Pecans, Toasted and Finely Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Quick Cooking Rolled Oats
- 1 Tablespoon Reduced-Sodium Soy Sauce
- Combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, garlic, marjoram and oregano; cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Beat egg in a medium bowl. Add the quinoa, mushroom mixture, cheese, pecans, oats and soy sauce; stir to combine. Scoop scant ½-cup portions of the mixture onto the baking sheet and shape into 8 patties, about 3 inches wide, leaving about 1 inch of space between each patty. (The mixture will be crumbly; patting it into burgers on the baking sheet makes it easier to work with. The burgers hold together very well once baked.)
- Bake the burgers until crispy, 28 to 30 minutes.
- Serve on buns with your favorite garnishes.