https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Quinoa-and-shrimp-paella.jpeg 402 309 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-02-02 00:00:002020-05-05 15:22:07
Quinoa & Shrimp Paella
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- 1½ Cups Dry Quinoa
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- ¼ Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ½ Teaspoon Saffron Threads (Optional, Turmeric)
- ½ Teaspoon Spanish Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Cup Sliced Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Pack in Olive Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Cut into ½-inch Strips
- 1 Cup Frozen Green Peas
- 1 Teaspoon Seafood Seasoning
- 1 Pound Large Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- While preparing quinoa, sprinkle shrimp with a pinch of salt and seafood seasoning. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to medium-low and sauté onions until tender, about 5 minutes. Add sliced bell pepper strips and sauté an additional 4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add quinoa, chicken broth, red pepper flakes, bay leaves, saffron, paprika, black pepper and salt. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low boil, and continuing cooking approximately 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, peas and shrimp, cover and continuing cooking 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, leave covered and allow to set 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve.