https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Quinoa-egg-bake-.jpeg 258 229 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-02-02 00:00:002020-05-05 15:02:36
Quinoa Egg Bake
- 1 Teaspoon Unsalted Butter
- ½ Cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 8 Eggs
- 1¼ Cups Almond Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Cups Packed Baby Spinach, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Cup Finely Shredded Romano Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8-by-8-inch glass or metal baking dish with butter; set aside.
- Put quinoa into a fine-mesh strainer and rinse under cold running water until water runs clear; drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and quinoa. Stir in spinach, then pour mixture into prepared dish.
- Cover tightly with foil then jiggle dish gently from side to side so that quinoa settles on the bottom in an even layer. Bake until just set, about 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle top evenly with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake, uncovered, until golden brown and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Set aside to let cool briefly, then slice and serve.