https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Pumpkin-Pie.jpg 840 630 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-02-02 00:00:002020-03-24 14:18:38
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Stevia
- 12 Ounces Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk with Stevia
- 1½ Cups Cooked Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 Tablespoon Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- Dash of Salt
- 2 Cups Almond Meal
- 1/3 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- ¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare crust in a bowl, mix together almond meal, butter, cinnamon and vanilla with a fork.
- Press this mixture into an 8-inch glass pie pan or a 9-inch tart pan. Bake for 10 minutes to set the crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, stevia, condensed milk, pumpkin, and better to thoroughly combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and a pinch of salt; stir into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour pumpkin filling into pie crust. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until filling is set around edges and slightly loose in center.
- Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut one small pie pumpkin in half; scoop out seeds.
- Place pumpkin; cut side down, on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until soft.
- Scoop flesh from pumpkin into a bowl.
- Mash pumpkin with a potato masher.
- 1½ cups Almond milk, ¼ cup stevia, 3 TBPS unsalted butter, 1 tsp vanilla.
- Mix stevia and milk together in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stirring often, bring to a low simmer over medium-low heat.
- As soon as steam starts lifting off the milk, lower the heat even further, and when the stevia is entirely dissolved, put the heat as low as it can go.
- The goal is to reduce the quantity in the pot by approximately half. It takes about 2 hours at very low heat to reduce to one cup of liquid.
- Once reduced to your satisfaction, whisk in the butter and vanilla.
For the Pumpkin Puree:
For the Sweetened Condensed Milk: