https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/peaches-and-custard-tart.jpeg 291 460 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-02-02 00:00:002020-05-05 13:48:10
Peaches & Custard Tart
- 3 Egg Yolks
- ½ Cup Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Stevia
- 2-3 Peaches, Sliced
- Almond Slices
- 2 Cups Almond Meal
- 1/3 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- ¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the Tart:
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare crust in a bowl, mix together almond meal, butter, cinnamon and vanilla with a fork. Press this mixture into an 8-inch glass pie pan or a 9-inch tart pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes to set the crust.
- In another bowl, slowly whisk together the egg yolks, milk and sugar. You want to mix it slowly so that air bubbles do not form.
- When crust is done, pour in the custard and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- The custard should be soft-set, not runny and jiggle when the pan shakes.
- Layer the peaches to cover the top and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly or complete, then garnish with almond slices.