https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Mushroom-and-spinach-breakfast-strata.jpeg 266 477 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-02-02 00:00:002020-05-05 13:24:06
Mushroom & Spinach Breakfast Strata
- ¾ Loaf (12 Cups) of Sprouted Bread Cut into ½-inch Pieces
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO
- 12 Ounces White Mushrooms, Trimmed and Sliced Thin
- 1 Onion, Minced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Thyme or ½ Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 10 Ounces Frozen Spinach; Thawed, Squeezed Dry, and Chopped Course
- 1½ Cups Shredded Gruyere Cheese (6oz)
- 2½ Cups Half-and-Half (Substitution: Greek Yoghurt)
- 9 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- Line slow cooker with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick spray.
- Heat oven to 225°F and spread bread over rimmed baking sheet and bake, shaking pan occasionally, until dry and crisp, about 40 minutes.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, and thyme and cook until vegetables are softened and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes; stir in spinach.
- Spread half of dried bread into prepared slow cooker and sprinkle with half of mushroom mixture and ½ cup of cheese.
- Layer remaining bread, mushroom mixture, and cheese into slow cooker.
- Whisk yogurt, eggs, salt and pepper together in bowl, then pour mixture evenly over bread.
- Press gently to submerge bread.
- Cook and cover until center of strata is set, about 4 hours on low.
- Let strata cool for 20 minutes.