https://secureservercdn.net/22.214.171.124/a2c.d14.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/mashed-cauliflower-and-egg-casserole--scaled.jpg?time=1594129085 1920 2560 integritive https://secureservercdn.net/126.96.36.199/a2c.d14.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2019-01-08 00:00:002020-05-05 12:54:45
Mashel Cauliflower and Egg Casserole
- 2 packages of frozen mashed cauliflower (thawed)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4ozs sour cream
- 4 ounces Asiago cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black
- 3/4 - 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups baby spinach and/or arugula
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish; set aside. In a large skillet cook leeks and 4 cloves of the garlic in melted butter over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender and browned, stirring occasionally.
- Place in mashed cauliflower in a large bowl. Stir in leek mixture, sour cream, half of the cheese, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Stir in milk to make a creamy consistency. Spread in prepared dish. Bake 40 minutes or until starting to brown. Remove from oven.
- Make 6 indents in cauliflower mixture. Place an egg in each indent. Bake 20 minutes more or until whites are set and yolks start to thicken. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cool slightly.
- In bowl whisk oil, lemon juice, remaining 1 clove garlic, 1/4 tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. black pepper. Add spinach and/or arugula; toss to coat. Serve on casserole.
- For more help with this recipe, click here.