https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/lemon-pound-cake.jpeg 339 305 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-02-02 00:00:002020-05-05 13:46:50
Lemon Pound Cake
- 1½ Cups High-Quality All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Lemon, Zested
- 12 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese at Room Temperature
- ½ Cup Stevia
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Stevia
- 3-4 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
For the Icing:
- Grease a loaf pan that is no more than 9 x 5 inches and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and lemon zest, and whisk to combine well, working to break up any clumps of lemon zest.
- Set the bowl aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a large bowl, in which you can use a hand mixer), place the butter and cream cheese and mix on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Add the stevia, and mix to combine.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and lemon juice, mixing well after each addition until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 parts, beating well to combine after each addition. The batter will be smooth and thick, but relatively light.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and smooth the top with a wet spatula.
- Place the loaf pan in the center of a cold oven.
- Turn the over on, set the temperature to 200°F and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the temperature up to 250°F, and continue to bake for another 20 minutes.
- Turn the temperature up to 275°F, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Finally, turn the oven temperature up to 300°F, and bake until a tester inserted in the center of the pound cake comes out clean (about an hour). If the loaf begins to brown too much, cover it tightly with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Remove the pound cake from the over and allow to cool to room temperature. The cake may sink a bit in the center as it cools.
- Once the pound cake is nearly cool, make the icing.
- In a small bowl, place the cream cheese and stevia, beat to combine.
- Add the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, and beat to mix well. Continue to add lemon juice by the teaspoon, stirring in between additions, until the icing is thick.
- Spread the icing over the cooled pound cake, and allow to set at room temperature.
- Slice and serve.
Make the Pound Cake Batter:
Bake the Pound Cake:
Make the Icing and Assemble the Cake: