https://secureservercdn.net/18.104.22.168/a2c.d14.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/green-goddess-mason-jar-salad.jpg?time=1594129085 840 630 integritive https://secureservercdn.net/22.214.171.124/a2c.d14.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2019-01-09 00:00:002020-03-24 13:38:43
Green Goddess Mason Jar Salad
- 2 scallions, minced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 large ripe avocado, flesh only
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 to 4 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried basil
- 2 TBSP dried parsley
- sea salt to taste
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- ½ cup brown rice
- 3 cups mixed greens
- Grilled chicken, sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing:
For the salad:
- Prepare the dressing by combining all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender and processing until smooth. Add a little more water or oil to thin if necessary. Taste test and set aside.
- Rinse the quinoa in a strainer under cool running water, then combine it in a saucepan with brown rice and two cups of water. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until quinoa and brown rice has absorbed the liquid and can easily be fluffed with a fork, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Layer mason jars in the following order; quinoa/brown rice, walnuts, sugar snap peas, chicken radishes, pepper flakes, mixed greens.
- For more help with this recipe, click here.