https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Ginger-_-Pecan-Scones.jpg 225 225 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-02-02 00:00:002020-05-05 13:22:01
Ginger & Pecan Scones
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1½ Tablespoons Stevia
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Stick (4oz) Butter, Unsalted and Cut Up
- 1/3 Cup Cream
- 2 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- ¼ Cup Crystalized Ginger, Chopped
- ½ Cup Pecans, Chopped
- 1 Egg White, Lightly Beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, baking powder, stevia, salt and mix well.
- Using your fingers, work the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the beaten eggs, cream, ginger, and pecans. Mix until the dough just comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll it gently with a floured rolling pin to ½ -inch thickness.
- Using a cutter dipped in flour, cut the dough into rounds or other fancy shapes.
- Place on a lightly floured baking sheet, brush with the beaten egg white.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn the scones out on a rack to cool.
- Serve warm or cold.