https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Crockpot-turkey-breast-.jpeg 368 1133 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2019-01-07 00:00:002020-05-05 14:06:01
Crockpot Turkey Breast
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5-6 pounds), completely thawed
- 5 stalks celery
- 2 yellow onions
- About a cup (12-15) baby carrots
- 1-cup chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons butter, separated
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme*
- Make sure the turkey breast is completely thawed -- this can take 1-2 days in the fridge so be prepared. It isn't food safe to thaw a turkey in the crockpot.
- Place the celery at the bottom. Cut one yellow onion into large chunks and add it to the bottom. Add the baby carrots. Pour the chicken broth on top.
- Cut off the skin of the turkey breast or leave it on, making sure to get the rub under the skin.
- Place the turkey breast, BREAST DOWN on top of the vegetables.
- Cut the other onion in half and place inside the turkey with 4 tablespoons butter.
- Stir together all of the seasonings and rub all over the turkey. If leaving the skin on, make sure to rub the seasonings under the skin.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and, using a pastry brush, brush it all over the turkey.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 1 hour and then low for 5-7 hours or until the turkey's internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F and it is very tender.
- Remove the turkey from the crockpot and turn so it is breast up.
- Start by removing the wishbone and then remove all the other bones. Take the large pieces of meat and slice them.
- For more help with this recipe, click here.