https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Coconut-Mocha-Poached-Pears.jpg 1067 1600 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-01-27 00:00:002020-05-05 13:58:06
Coconut-Mocha Poached Pears
- 6 Medium Pears
- 2 Tablespoons Stevia
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/3 Cup Strong Coffee
- 2 Tablespoons Coffee Liqueur
- Toasted Coconut Flakes (Optional)
- Grated Chocolate (Optional)
- Peel pears; quarter pears lengthwise and remove cores.
- Place pears in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- In a bowl stir together stevia and cocoa powder. Stir in coconut milk, coffee and liqueur.
- Pour mixture over pears in the cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3.5 to 4 hours or until pears are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer pears to dessert dishes.
- Spoon cooking liquid over pears.
- If desired, sprinkle with toasted coconut and grated chocolate.