https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Coconut-Layer-Cake.jpg 840 630 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-01-27 00:00:002020-03-24 12:55:21
Coconut Layer Cake
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 2/3 Cup Stevia
- 9 Eggs, Room Temperature
- 2 Cups Coconut Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 1/3 Cups Milk
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Melted
- ¼ Cup Stevia
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (Optional)
- 2 Cups Coconut Flakes
For the Cake:
For the Icing:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine butter and sugar, beat together for about 2 minutes using an electric mixer.
- Add eggs in one at a time and beat on high speed for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla while beating the eggs and butter mixture.
- Combine the dry ingredients together and add one cup at a time, alternating with the milk.
- Beat batter for about five minutes on high speed.
- Spoon batter into the two prepared cake pans and smooth tops.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Place on wire rack and cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- Cool completely before frosting.