https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Chicken-Enchiladas.jpg 750 630 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-01-27 00:00:002020-03-24 12:40:46
- 1½ Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
- 2 Teaspoons EVOO
- 2 Cups Chopped Onion
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1½ Teaspoon Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Can (14.5oz) Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can (4oz) Chopped Green Chilis, Drained
- 1 Tub (8oz) Cream Cheese
- 12 6-inch Gluten Free Corn Tortillas
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped Green Scallions
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook chicken and cut or shred.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until tender. Add half of the cooked onion to the cooked chicken.
- Place the remaining onion, ½ cup water, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, tomatoes, chiles in a blender and process until smooth to create the tomato mixture.
- Add ½ cup tomato mixture and cream cheese to chicken mixture.
- Spread ½ cup tomato mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; return remaining tomato mixture to pan.
- Heat over low until warm; keep warm.
- Working with 1 tortilla dip into the warm tomato mixture; roll up, and place in dish.
- Spoon remaining sauce over enchiladas in dish.
- Sprinkle enchiladas with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Garnish with scallions and cilantro.