https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Chicken-Divan-.jpg 264 191 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-01-27 00:00:002020-05-05 15:29:22
- 3 Tablespoons EVOO
- 2 Onions, Minced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme or 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 3 Tablespoon Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- ½ Cup Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 2 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, Trimmed
- 2 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (4 Ounces)
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 12 Ounces Broccoli Florets, Cut into 1-inch Pieces (4½ Cups)
- ½ Cup Toasted Bread Crumbs
- Heat 2 TBSP oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add onions, garlic, and thyme and cook until onions are softened and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in broth, scraping up any browned bits and smoothing out any lumps, transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir in yogurt and mustard into slow cooker.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to slow cooker, and coat evenly with sauce.
- Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 4 to 6 hours.
- Break up chicken into bite-size pieces with wooden spoon.
- Stir in rice, cheddar, parmesan, and 1 tsp salt, cover, and cook on high until rice is tender 20 to 30 minutes.
- Steam broccoli until tender.
- Stir softened broccoli into casserole and let sit until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted bread crumbs.