https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Chicken-_-Brussels-Sprout-Salad.jpg 480 480 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-01-27 00:00:002020-05-05 15:28:45
Chicken & Brussels Sprout Salad
- 12 Ounces Brussels Sprout
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons EVOO
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 6 Ounces Cooked Chicken, Chopped or Shredded
- ¼ Cup Dried Cherries or Dried Apricots, Snipped
- 1 Tablespoon Sunflower Seeds, Toasted
- ½ Ounce Goat Cheese (Chevre), Crumbled
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Wash and trim Brussels sprouts. Remove any damaged outer leaves. Quarter each sprout, saving any leaves that fall off during the process.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a microwave-safe dish with the 2 TBSP water.
- Microwave, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sprouts are bright green, stirring once.
- Rinse in cold water and drain well; set aside.
- In medium bowl toss together chicken, dried fruit, sunflower seeds, and sprouts.
- Top with goat cheese.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve immediately or chill up to 4 hours.