https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Cheesecake-Chai-Spiced-Banana-Bread.jpg 275 183 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-01-27 00:00:002020-05-05 13:56:53
Cheesecake Chai-Spiced Banana Bread
- 1½ Cups Gluten Free Flour
- ¼ Cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¾ Teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- ¾ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 4 Egg Whites
- 2/3 Cup Mashed Ripe Bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/3 Cup EVOO
- ¼ Cup Honey or Stevia
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 Tablespoons Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Honey or Stevia
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the 1½ cups of flour, the oats, baking powder, cardamom, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, allspice, and ¼ tsp salt.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine two of the egg whites, bananas, oil, the ¼ cup honey, and the milk.
- In another medium bowl combine the cream cheese, the remaining two egg whites, the 2 TBSP flour, the 1 TBSP honey and the vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed just until combined.
- Add banana mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir until evenly moistened.
- Spoon two-thirds of the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter in baking pan; spoon the remaining batter over all.
- Using a thin metal spatula or table knife, cut down through the batter and pull up in a circular motion to marble the cream cheese layer.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. If necessary to prevent over-browning, cover loosely with foil the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or foil; chill in the refrigerator overnight before slicing.