https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/food-temp-image.jpg 796 1200 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-01-27 00:00:002020-02-20 12:00:02
Caribbean Spicy Meat Rub
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Dry Mustard Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic salt
- 1½ Teaspoons Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Bay Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients until thoroughly blended. Spoon the Powdery spice mixture into a sterilized glass jar with a tight fitting lid. Keep in the kitchen cupboard with your other spices; there is no need to refrigerate.
- To add the spicy meat rub to a marinade or braising sauce, combine 4 TBSP of the rub with 2 TBSP vegetable oil in a heavy frying pan and stir over low to moderate heat until the aromas of the spices are released. Then blend the rub-and-oil mixture into the other sauce ingredients.