https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Bing-Cherry-Fool.jpeg 333 697 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-01-27 00:00:002020-05-05 13:53:22
Bing Cherry Fool
- 1/8 Cup Stevia
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/Arrow Root Powder
- 12 Ounces Fresh Dark Cherries; Stemmed, Halved and Pitted
- ½ Cup Dry Red Wine or Pomegranate Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Shredded Orange Peel
- 8 Ounces Frozen Light Whipped Dessert Topping, Thawed
- 6 Ounces Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 8 Fresh Dark Cherries with Stems
- In a medium saucepan stir together stevia and cornstarch. Add the halved cherries and the wine, stirring until combined. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Transfer cherry mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in orange peel. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- In a large bowl whisk together whipped topping, yogurt, and vanilla. Add 1½ cups of the chilled cherry mixture to the whipped topping mixture; fold gently to marble. Spoon into eight 6 oz dessert dishes. Spoon the remaining cherry mixture evenly over desserts. Cover and chill for up to 4 hours. If desired, top each dessert with a cherry with stem before serving.