https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/food-temp-image.jpg 796 1200 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-01-27 00:00:002020-02-20 12:00:01
Basil & Garlic Scape Pesto
- 3 Cups Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Cup Chopped Garlic Scapes
- 1½ - 2 Cups EVOO
- ½ Cup Grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Wash and dry basil leaves. I use a salad spinner to dry them in a flash!
- Wash and chop the garlic scapes.
- Place basil and scapes in a blender, along with half of the olive oil and the grated pecorino romano. (If you bought your cheese in a chunk - like I did - pulse chunks of it in a food processor until finely grated).
- Pulse a few times, then blend. Gradually add remaining olive to reach desired consistency. Add salt and pepper, and blend a few more times.
- Serve immediately, or place in a jar to store. To keep it from turning brown in the jar, pour a little olive oil on top - it protects it from the air! You can also freeze the left over pesto in ice cube trays.