https://secureservercdn.net/126.96.36.199/a2c.d14.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Baked-Veggie-Egg-Cups-.jpeg?time=1611631753 469 621 integritive https://secureservercdn.net/188.8.131.52/a2c.d14.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2019-03-28 00:00:002020-05-05 12:52:25
Veggie Egg Cups
- 1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP chopped leeks, white and pale green parts only (about 1/2 small)
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and cut crosswise into thin ribbons
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 TBSP grated Parmesan
- 4 English muffin top or bottoms, toasted
- Heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks, reduce the heat to low, and cook until softened but not brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir the kale into the leeks and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Season the mixture with the nutmeg and some salt and pepper. Stir in the yogurt until combined.
- Make four indentations in the kale and carefully crack an egg into each. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg. Cover the pan and cook the eggs until the whites are completely set and the eggs are cooked desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes for medium (runny yolk).
- Divide the eggs and kale among four serving plates, top each with about 1 1/2 teaspoons Parmesan and serve with the toasted crusty bread on the side