https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Asian-Oatmeal-Breakfast-Bowl.jpeg 420 495 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2016-01-27 00:00:002020-05-05 13:25:54
Asian Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
- ½ Teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- 1 Ounce Cream Cheese – at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Hot-Pepper Paste, such as Gochujang
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Scallion, Sliced
- 1 Sheet Nori – cut into thin ribbons with kitchen shears
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- Swirl the sesame seeds in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat until they begin to brown and toast, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside.
- Stir together the cream cheese, hot-pepper paste and 1 tablespoon water with a rubber spatula in another small bowl until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bring the chicken broth, oats, 1 cup water and a pinch of salt, if using, to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring frequently, until the oats soften and breakdown and the mixture is the consistency of a loose porridge, 15 to 20 minutes. Pour into a cereal bowl, cover and keep warm.
- Generously spray the skillet with cooking spray, and set over medium-high heat. Crack the egg into a mug or small bowl, and carefully slide it into the hot skillet. Cook until the white is set and brown and crispy on the bottom and edges and the yolk is still runny, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Use a spatula to help slide the egg on top of the oatmeal. Then arrange neat piles of the cream cheese-pepper sauce, scallions and nori on top of the oatmeal. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.