https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/tomato-and-basil-frittata.jpg 840 630 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-08-30 00:00:002020-03-24 14:41:30
Tomato and Basil Frittata
- 1 package of cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound fresh or smoked mozzarella, diced
- 2 tablespoons slivered basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a skillet add 1 tsp. olive oil and sauté cauliflower rice until color is translucent.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the milk.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the oil into a very large ovenproof skillet, or use 2 skillets with half the ingredients in each. Place over medium heat on the stovetop and pour in the egg mixture. Scatter the tomatoes, cheese, and basil over the eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the bottom just begins to brown, place the skillet under the broiler just until the top is set, a minute or less. Remove from the oven and use a large spatula to transfer the frittata to a serving platter. Cool about 10 minutes, cut into wedges, and serve or pack for grab and go breakfasts all week long.
- For more help with this recipe, click here