https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/summer-pasta.jpg 840 630 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-08-30 00:00:002020-03-24 14:39:47
- 8 ounces brown rice penne pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 4 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 4 teaspoons brown rice flour
- .5 teaspoon salt
- .5 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon, or .5 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- .5 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 3 minutes less than the package directions. Add asparagus and continue cooking until the pasta and asparagus are just tender, 3 minutes more. Drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, whisk milk, mustard, flour, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant and lightly browned, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Whisk in the milk mixture. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tarragon, lemon zest and juice.
- Stir the sauce into the pasta-asparagus mixture. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until the sauce is thick, creamy and coats the pasta, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in .25 cup Parmesan. Divide the pasta among 4 bowls and top with the remaining .25 cup Parmesan.
- For more help with this recipe, click here