https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Roasted-strawberry-frozen-yogurt.jpg 225 225 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-10-30 00:00:002020-05-05 12:58:08
Roasted Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- 1 lb strawberries, cut in half or quarter
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon powdered fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8-10 drops liquid stevia
- 2 lb greek yogurt
- Place a kitchen towel on a colander and drop the yogurt in it. Tie the ends of kitchen towel tightly and extract the water. Let it rest on the colander and keep a heavy jar or bowl on top of the tied kitchen towel. It will help straining all the water. Allow it to set in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a baking pan, add strawberries, balsamic vinegar, powdered fennel seeds and salt. Let it bake at 350 for 40 minutes. You can also grill the strawberries in a foil packet. Allow it to cool completely and then blend it to a puree.
- In a bowl, add strained yogurt and roasted strawberries puree along with stevia and whisk. If you want it sweeter, add more stevia.
- At this stage, you can pour it in a container and let it rest in the refrigerator to set for few hours or churn it in your ice cream machine.
- For more help with this recipe, click here.