https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/food-temp-image.jpg 796 1200 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-10-30 00:00:002020-02-20 12:01:04
Quinoa Mason Jar Salad
- 2 servings
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup snap peas
- 1/4 cup snow peas
- 2 to 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup broccoli
- 1 cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP lemon zest
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP honey
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds. In a pan over medium heat, warm 1 tsp olive oil until hot, not smoking. Add the pumpkin seeds and cook until lightly toasted. This should take around 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and season with salt.
- Cook the veggies. In the same pan used to toast the pumpkin seeds, warm 2-3 teaspoons of oil. Add the broccoli and cook until lightly charred. Add the peas and cook both together until lightly steamed.
- Make the vinaigrette. In a small mason jar combine the honey, mustard, lemon zest and juice with 2 TBSP olive oil.
- Assemble. Divide all ingredients between two mason jars.
- For more help with this recipe, click here.