https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/food-temp-image.jpg 796 1200 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-10-18 00:00:002020-02-20 12:01:01
Quinoa and Roasted Broccoli Mason Jar Salad
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
For the jars:
For the dressing:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place broccoli florets in a baking dish and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast broccoli for 20-25 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, place the quinoa and 2 cups water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower heat to a low simmer, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- While the broccoli and quinoa are cooking, make the salad dressing. Place all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- To assemble the jars, to each bowl add ¼ of the quinoa, ¼ of the broccoli, and ¼ of the grapes. Crumble on the goat cheese and sliced almonds. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
- Take the avocado with you!
- For more help with this recipe, click here.