https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/nut-free-protein-balls.jpg 840 630 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-10-30 00:00:002020-03-24 14:14:18
Nut Free Protein Balls
- 15 Medjool dates
- .5 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 scoop No Whey (pea protein powder)
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (approximately)
- Remove the pits from the dates, which should be soft and not dry.
- Process the dates in a food processor for about a minute.
- Add the sunflower seeds, ground flax seed, chia seeds, protein powder and salt. Process until well mixed.
- The mixture will look somewhat crumbly, but you should be able to press a spoonful together and it will hold. If not, the dates may be too dry. Try adding a little water.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times just to distribute them.
- Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with wax or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle half the coconut over the bottom of the pan.
- Put the date mixture in the pan and press it down to fill the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining coconut over top and press it into the top of the mixture, making sure all of it has been pressed firmly.
- Grab the sides of the wax paper and remove it from the pan. Place on a cutting board and cut into squares.
- For more help with this recipe, click here.