https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/marinated-jerk-chicken.jpg 840 630 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-08-30 00:00:002020-03-24 14:08:25
Marinated Jerk Chicken
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, leaves stripped from stems and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- Pinch crushed red pepper or 1 hot pepper, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh tropical fruit (such as pineapple, mango or papaya), diced
- In a bowl, whisk all marinade ingredients together. Place 1/4 cup of the marinade in a small re-sealable plastic bag or container, and refrigerate. Place the chicken in a large res-ealable plastic bag, then pour in the remaining 3/4 cup marinade. Press out excess air while sealing the bag tightly, then store flat in fridge. Allow chicken to marinate overnight.
- Grill Chicken until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the 1/4 cup reserved marinade and tropical fruit in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until the chicken is ready.
- Serve the chicken with 1/2-cup fruit mixture.
- For more help with this recipe, click here