https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/inside-out-chicken-cordon-bleu.jpg 840 630 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-10-30 00:00:002020-03-24 14:02:05
Inside Out Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 3 tablespoons fig jam
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 8 slices of uncured turkey bacon
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Mix the jam, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Lay out a long piece of plastic wrap on a cutting board. Place the chicken on the plastic and brush half of the jam mixture evenly on top of each breast.
- Mound a quarter of the cheese on each piece of chicken, then wrap 2 slices of bacon around each breast to cover the cheese.
- Place another piece of plastic over the chicken and gently pound with a mallet or heavy skillet until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and cook on the other side until cooked through but still moist, 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the shallot, mustard, vinegar and the remaining jam mixture in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil to make a smooth dressing.
- Place each piece of chicken on a plate and drizzle with dressing.
- For more help with this recipe, click here.