https://secureservercdn.net/22.214.171.124/a2c.d14.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/herb-strata.jpg?time=1627868500 840 630 integritive https://secureservercdn.net/126.96.36.199/a2c.d14.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-10-30 00:00:002020-03-24 13:55:44
- 4 TBSP olive oil, plus more for the baking dish
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 TBSP chopped oregano
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 pound sprouted bread, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 pound fontina or Cheddar, grated
- Heat oven to 350° F. Oil an 8-inch square baking dish. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in the herbs.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the bread, cheese, and transfer to the prepared dish. Bake until golden brown and set, 50 to 60 minutes.
- For more help with this recipe, click here.