https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/food-temp-image.jpg 796 1200 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-10-30 00:00:002020-02-20 12:01:07
Healthy Eggs Benedict
- 8 large eggs, poached
- 4 sprouted English muffins (8 halves)
- 8 slices uncured turkey bacon
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, sautéed
- 4 tablespoons healthy hollandaise sauce (recipe below)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- While eggs are cooking, toast English muffins, cook/bake the turkey bacon sauté, and prepare hollandaise sauce.
- Use double boiler or like me - place a strainer/sieve over a sauce pan of water and place a bowl in the sieve.
- Beat yogurt, lemon juice, egg yolks well
- Heat over simmering water, stirring frequently, until sauce has thickened, approx. 15 min (sauce will become thinner after about 10 min and then thicken again).
- Remove from heat and stir in salt, mustard, pepper and dill.
- To assemble, top each English muffin with a slice of uncured turkey bacon, scoop of spinach and then the poached egg. Top each piece with ½ tablespoon hollandaise and a sprinkle of black pepper.
- For more help with this recipe, click here.