https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/hasselback-spinach-and-goat-cheese-chicken--scaled.jpg 1920 2560 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-08-30 00:00:002020-05-05 15:33:53
Hasselback, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Chicken
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with foil, set aside.
- In a large skillet add a splash of olive oil, cook spinach over medium until slightly wilted
- Add crumbled goat cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted (about 1 min). Stir in red pepper flakes (if using) Set aside.
- Place chicken breasts on prepared baking sheet. Using a sharp knife cut slits across the chicken breast about ¾ of the way through chicken breast (careful not to cut all the way through) about ½ inch apart
- (approx. 6-8 slits per chicken breast). Stuff each slit with spinach/goat cheese mixture.
- Generously salt and pepper top of chicken breast and season with paprika. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of each chicken breast.
- Place chicken breasts in the oven and bake for 20-25 min. If desired switch oven from bake to broil for the last 10 min. of cooking (for more bubbly and browned cheese)
- For more help with this recipe, click here