https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/grilled-salmon-leeks-with-brown-rice-and-grilled-zucchini-scaled.jpg 1948 2560 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-08-30 00:00:002020-05-05 14:51:17
Grilled Salmon & Leeks with Brown Rice and Grilled Zucchini
- 1 1/2 pounds leeks
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2-teaspoon salt
- 1/2-teaspoon pepper
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 4 ounces skin-on salmon fillets, 3/4- to 1-inch thick
- 4 ounces chicken breast
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 2 Zucchini
- Trim dark green tops and root ends from leeks, leaving ends intact. Cut leeks in half lengthwise; peel o” tough outer leaves. Wash leeks; pat dry. (Keep some water on leeks to prevent burning on the grill.) Cut zucchini length wise and brush both leeks and zucchini with 1 Tbsp. oil; season with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. black pepper.
- On a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat, grill rosemary sprig 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly charred; remove. Place the leeks and zucchini on the grill and grill 5 to 7minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Remove; cover to warm.
- Brush salmon with remaining olive oil; season with 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper. Grill fish, skin-side up, 4 minutes; turn. Grill 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from heat.
- Strip rosemary leaves from stem; chop leaves. In a small bowl stir together butter, mustard, and 1 tsp. chopped leaves. Spread butter on top of fish, chicken and leeks; sprinkle with remaining chopped rosemary.