https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/grilled-coffee-steak--scaled.jpg 1920 2560 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-08-30 00:00:002020-05-05 14:47:18
Grilled Coffee Steak with grilled Asparagus & tomato basil salad
- 1/4 c. finely ground coffee
- 1/4 c. coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/8 tsp. five-spice powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 lb. skirt steak
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh herbs
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 4 tomatoes
- .5 lb. Mozzarella
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- Combine coffee, coconut sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, white pepper, five spice powder, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Rub steak with oil, and sprinkle with rub. Massage rub into meat. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- Remove steak from refrigerator and let come to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to high.
- Grill until charred and medium-rare, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board, cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing at an angle.
- Serve immediately.
- Place trimmed asparagus in a bowl.
- Place oil, herbs and garlic on top.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Place directly on indoor grill or in a grill basket.
- Grill to desired doneness.
- Cut tomatoes in quarters or eights, depending on size and place in bowl with mozzarella
- Roughly chop basil and place in bowl.
- Add garlic.
- Mix together balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Pour ½ TBSP over tomato mixture.
- Season with pepper.
For more help with this recipe, click here