https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/grilled-coconut-lime-chicken-with-grilled-asparagus-1-scaled.jpg 1920 2560 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-08-30 00:00:002020-05-05 15:32:19
Grilled Coconut Lime Chicken with Grilled Asparagus
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1/4 red onion, medium
- Handful cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Jalapeño to taste (I used 1/2 of one)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 TBSP EVOO
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- To make marinade: In a food processor or Magic Bullet© combine all marinade ingredients and process until smooth mixture is formed.
- Wash chicken thighs/breast under cold running water, pat dry with paper towels and pierce randomly with a small knife. Add to a medium bowl or any container that can be covered. Pour marinade over chicken, mix with your hands to coat the meat evenly, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Discard marinade before cooking.
- Preheat the grill on high using both burners. After preheating, turn the left burner off leaving the right burner on. Place marinated chicken on a left burner side (indirect heat) sprayed with cooking spray. Close the grill lid and cook for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over, close the lid and cook for another 20 minutes. Place on a right burner side (direct heat) to get some cool grill marks.
- Place Asparagus in a bowl and toss with 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil add a pinch of salt and pepper. Grill or sauté until tender crisp.
- Serve with brown rice.
- Serve warm & enjoy!
- For more help with this recipe, click here