https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/greek-stuffed-chicken.jpg 840 630 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-10-30 00:00:002020-03-24 13:37:53
Greek Stuffed Chicken
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. chopped dill, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into half moons
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 c. crumbled feta
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Place chicken on a cutting board and make 5 slits in each breast, being careful not to cut through completely.
- Transfer to a small baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, dill, parsley and garlic. Drizzle over chicken breasts, making sure olive oil mixture gets in the slits. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff each chicken breast with zucchini, tomatoes, red onion and lemons.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta and mozzarella on top.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 25 minutes. Garnish with more dill and parsley.
- For more help with this recipe, click here.