https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/greek-chicken-kabobs-scaled.jpg 1920 2560 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-10-30 00:00:002020-05-05 14:15:52
Greek Chicken Kabobs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 large green bell peppers cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1 large sized zucchini or yellow squash cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least an hour before grilling to prevent them from burning.
- Add all of the ingredients needed for the marinade to a small bowl or measuring cup and whisk to combine. Pour the marinade inside a large zip lock bag. Add the chicken pieces to the bag and squish the bag to coat the chicken. Seal and let marinate the chicken marinate for at least an hour and up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat a griddle pan on medium high on the stove top.
- Thread the chicken pieces, peppers, and squash onto the skewers alternating between the chicken and vegetables. Cook on all sides until done. This should take 15 minutes tops.When done remove the skewers from the heat, let rest for 5 minutes and serve with additional lemon slices if desired.
- For more help with this recipe, click here.